• Register Today It's free!

Headlight Adjustment.

JTH1972

Reaction score
City, State
Kelowna, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XL V6 4X4
How do you adjust the horizontal on headlights? My drivers side one is aimed too far over to the passenger side for my liking. I see where the vertical adjustments are, but I can't find the ones for horizontal, and Clymer manual i have is vague.

The adj. that you are looking for is down in the "pocket" to the side and above the headlight, right where there is a "gap" in the plastic piece that goes across the top of the grill. You can take the plastic piece off and adjust the lights that way, if nothing else. Me, I made a tool to do this using parts from a broken headlight "tray" - the black plastic piece that the light sits on.

They should put a darn knob on that shaft... would have cost 10 cents. I'm gonna get some knobs at radio shack and put them on. LOL... man, it's like the headlight guys were late to the design meeting. Try replacing the right one without taking out the battery.

That plastic cover across the top, I took it off and never looked back. It's probably useful if you need lots of airflow. Not so much in Northern Minnesota.

Back