Headlight bulbs question

chantra

Reaction score
City, State
SRQ, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
Hey all!

Just wondering which are the brightest replacement headlight bulbs for a 2001 Explorer Sport?
I do not want to do any conversions, etc - just swap the headlight bulbs out for brighter ones.

Since there are so damn many out there - which ones would YOU recommend (with high and low beam)? - If you could link me to them, that would be great!

Thank you all!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Most Halogen bulbs emit the same amount of light.

Some people prefer Sylvania Silverstars since they are apparently brighter.
However, you will not get anywhere near the same light output from those bulbs as you see in newer end cars with HID lights.

Just don't buy bulbs with any sort of coating on them; ie. the blue paint/film on the bulb. Those just filter the color and actually put out less light to make it seem whiter.

^^ Thanks for that!

YUP, DjDom hit the nail on the head. I run Sylvania Silverstars, and love them, they do appear to be brighter, but I really can't back that up with facts. I have also read about Philips X-treme Power bulbs, but I have not tried them so I cannot give you an honest opinion.

Will check out both....thanks!

Philips Xtreme Power bulbs, but it appears like those are discontinued, and Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs are the replacement.
Awarded BEST BUY by AutoExpress in 2011: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/44957/tested-over-50-cent

I have a set of the Xtreme Power bulbs in my Paseo. I also have a set waiting for installation, along with new OEM headlights, in my Explorer.

Back