blueka

Elite Pickler
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 UK XLT, 99 Sport V8,
I need a new bulb for my headlight switch... Howard did point it out in May and I'm just getting round to doing it now!

Any ideas where to get them from, is it just Fraud's that would have it or would Halfrauds have it too?

Cheers guys... I'm carless this weekend so I'll be on my pushbike!!
:bsnicker::bsnicker::bsnicker::bsnicker::bsnicker:

Si

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LEDs

Great to do and should last longer than a regular bulb, I did some to my old xlt. Its not hard, just take your time and it will be fine mate- GO FOR IT!
:D

trust me, it's not that hard to do. if you have just a small amount of mechanical ability, you can do this. it took me about 8 hours to do ALL the bulbs in my truck (that includes the door switches), and i suck at stuff like that. it was a snap!

They are 9.00 from a ford dealer, try to go to one of the larger ford dealers, as they tend to have a complete parts breakdown on the computer. It is a long bulb and comes with a new blue cover already on it. You won't find them anywhere else, let halfords, etc.

The bulb does not last very long, as it is on all the time, so expect to change it again, depending on how much you drive it could be out again in 4 months. You have to screw the bulb in tight, if it is just screwed halfway in it burns out within a month. I have changed mine twice, first one lasted 1 month, second one lasted 3-4 months.

For anyone with a 98-01 model, they do not sell the bulb separtly for the 98-01 models, which has a green cover, however it is the same bulb, so anyone with a 98 model could just remove the old cover and reinstall it on the new bulb.

Back