Hearing Noise When Turning Deep Turn to Left Side | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hearing Noise When Turning Deep Turn to Left Side

I have the low growl when turning left but I also have a popping sound.

Hmm....now that you mentioned it.... I do have a popping/cracking sound in sharp turns but it sounds more like something in the trunk is loose. I emptied it, checked everything but still hear it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Same problem/noise - fixed

Hello,

I am a new member, just joined, very interesting website. I am in Australia with an '03 UX XLT. 130,000 km (about 80,000 miles). The model designation maybe a little different here. I had the same problem except on the right hand side - was fixed at the dealer today by replacing the right hand front hub assembly. The parts cost Australian $600 plus $350 labour charge. I thought the parts were expensive but looking at other posts, maybe not. Vehicle is running perfectly now.

I hope that helps. It has been a great vehicle, very reliable and been in very rough country.

ShaunH

I Got The Answer

Ello to all i looked this thread a few days ago, really worried because a i got the same problem a scratchi sound (plus a clunky one) when i turn to the left, i sound like ot comming from the rear rigth wheel, and my worst guess was the axle or some thing, THEN i took my explorer to the mecanic and he said its... THE FRONT LEFT BEARIGN of couse i dont believe it because its sound back right and its soun like something broked... but he replaced bouth front bearing weels and my explorer its alive again no sound at all and i really tested... so... i dont really know why its sound at the rear but he fix the problem and the cost was:

US$30 plus hand work

I looove this guy its an exelent mechanic when hes sover.;)

ope this help you guys

I AM WRONG

I think it could be the inner tie rod. The piece directly attached to each end of the rack.

The Real Answer

At least in my case the scratchy noise was produced by a broken c clip that allowed the axle goes deep inside the differential case. The result was a damaged bearing.

Warning!!!!!

check that clip could be really worst if its the broke c clig get iside the differencial gears.

Hope this is useful. this week end im goin to get the pictures of it

Check your power steering or you may need to have the car lifted because it may be to low and something is rubbing when you turn

having difficult time sterring one side but other side is fine

:exp::mad::eek:

I have 95 ford explorer xlt 4x4..lately its been difficult to steer onto right side of curve..but its fine to turn left..makes a humming sounds when steering either sides....getting worse lately...have 2 guys telling me different things.

one...could be power steering pump(make sense if it had problems turning both sides but it doesn't)

two...the elbow part of joint that holds the wheel/tire on right front side is stuck/bent

Don't wanna spend lots of $$$ on this! or getting ripped off!

Any ideas????

Inner tie rod could be bent

I am having this issue now on my 97. It does it worse when the vehicle isn't moving and better at low speeds and not noticeable at high speed

Back