Heater valve vacuum hose termination? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Heater valve vacuum hose termination?

yeahokay

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer EB 5.0
I replaced my entire ac and apparently the heater valve vacuum hose got detached and I have no idea where it goes. It’s been patched before and the patched rubber hose is what disconnected. Where exactly is the other end of this vacuum hose at? (And hopefully it’s not a hose in the hvac housing I had to remove)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That thread might help you

That thread helps, I think my vacuum lines might be all jacked up. Im not seeing a white wire anywhere in the engine pay for this connection. but im pretty sure that is my vacuum leak.

Doh its not the white wire, im looking at the wrong thing in the diagram. The white wire is there and good inside.

It should be a grey line , coming from the vacuum reservoir ball, under the air box, along fender liner to control valve
Is it straight from the vacuum ball? Reason being the grey line from it is running under the hvac box and I cant get it to pull out, can I cut it and patch it? I cant really tell from the pictures im seeing but it looks like it goes into a plug somewhere which means if I cut it and patch it, its still going to be leaking.

Is it straight from the vacuum ball? Reason being the grey line from it is running under the hvac box and I cant get it to pull out, can I cut it and patch it? I cant really tell from the pictures im seeing but it looks like it goes into a plug somewhere which means if I cut it and patch it, its still going to be leaking.
Do not pull that out! Look at pic in post 4. That grey line leads into the cabin.the end you are holding should go to the bypass valve
My bad. The line from reservoir may be black.

ok, i think I found my problem, that hose i thought was correct is the one going to the firewall (black), but it is the only hose, I need to get a better look with a flashlight to see if I can find evidence of that there was a second gray hose there. I must have ripped it out during my ac work.

Got the light on it and saw the dangling broken grey wire from the firewall so got it hooked back up and the vents are working well again!

Thanks for the help

Back