Hello, I'm new | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello, I'm new

Mrboogie23

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Eddie Bauer
I just figured I'd say hello. I'm new to the site. I've owned my explorer for awhile now. Just figured I'd drop in and say hi.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I havent really planned anything. I'd like to do some things, but not sure what to do. Where should I start?

Welcome to Explorer Forum! I would start with what you like and how you drive. Look around the photo gallery and some of our forums. I'm sure you will find what you like and great ideas. Welcome again and happy posting!

Welcome to the forum! Got any pics?

No, I'm sorry, I dont have any pics. Its the maroon and tan 1996 EB Explorer with the v6 engine. I havent done any mods to it yet. I've thought about it for the past year and a half. Just never got around to it. I got the vehicle from my parents who bought it brand new.

I was having a kid and had a little 2 seater pickup. They asked me to give it to a man from their church and they gave me the Explorer. I dont think I'll do the lifted 4x4 stuff to it. I'd never use it. I'd really like to make it more street cruiser type. Where would you recommend starting?

Perhaps a CAI, a catback exhaust, and an XCalII.... all will help with performance. For looks, an air dam, tinted windows, and tons of electronics up front. I guess it all depends on budget, time, and diaper changes:)

Perhaps a CAI, a catback exhaust, and an XCalII.... all will help with performance. For looks, an air dam, tinted windows, and tons of electronics up front. I guess it all depends on budget, time, and diaper changes:)

:D

I agree with that! haha! I know what a catback exhaust is, whats a CAI and XCalII?

CAI= cold air intake KKM, K&N, and many others out there
XCalII= the computer programmer that can unleash the engine...at a price, of course.

These will help you gain a little extra horse power and MPGs! If you want some fun reading, check out Aldive's mileage monster in his ongoing thread entitled "My quest for 30." He has the ultimate Explorer road machine and has the dyno tests to prove it!

CAI= cold air intake KKM, K&N, and many others out there
XCalII= the computer programmer that can unleash the engine...at a price, of course.

These will help you gain a little extra horse power and MPGs! If you want some fun reading, check out Aldive's mileage monster in his ongoing thread entitled "My quest for 30." He has the ultimate Explorer road machine and has the dyno tests to prove it!

Oh duh, I know the cold air intake. Never knew of the xcallII though. Thanks for the info, I'll read that post.

Back