• Register Today It's free!

help cant figure this out

glom742

Reaction score
City, State
glendale arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 xlt 4.0l 4x4
ok so i was installing a aftermarket radio, all wires got hooked up correctly and i got power to the radio but no sound in any speakers. while rechecking my wires, making sure i got them butted together well.. i touched a power wire to something saw a spark and went "o noes" ... could no longer get power to the radio and then my headliner lights stopped working, when the truck is running my low range light glows slightly as well as the one next to the button and when i push the brakes they get brighter.... figured it was a fuse and was right.. well kinda... i replaced fuse #10 according to autozone (they could be wrong), which should have no effect on 4x4... but the buttons work again so i can engage 4x4, except now the lights for the 4x4/ low range dont come on at all anywhere(pushing the brakes no longer makes them brighter either) . my headliner lights still dont work, haven't tested the radio yet butttt... figured i would ask here b4 i pull all fuses( since i cant be sure what does what since this let 4x4 engage... when its a radio fuse..) then get a wiring diagram for the dashboard and go ape-crazy prodding everywhere, lol... any suggestions would be nice

thanks guys

mick

thanks tbars yea my X was built 06/90 and those wires u mentioned dont match the info i was running off of so this will probably work... Gonna see when theirs light out... sadly all fuses are good pulled all from engine bay and interior.... possibility that there is a mess some1 in my dash. guy i bought truck from did replace headgasket without scrapping all of the old 1 off.. so i wouldn't be suprised if he crosswire everything :/

Back