Help convincing the better half on muffler | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help convincing the better half on muffler

fyrfyter612

Reaction score
City, State
Portage Lakes, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Ok...had a 2000 Ranger with 3.0 and Flowmaster 40 on it. Sounded great..nice and loud. Only problem is my fiance didn't like the loud noise. Now I have an '04 X with a 4.6. I want to replace the stock muffler with something that flows better but she doesn't want the loud sound. I'm thinking a Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow would do the trick...but she's still not convinced. Does anyone have a sound clip or know where I can find one online of an X with a 4.6 and Flowmaster 50 Delta Flow on it? Hopefully I won't have to do as much convincing once she hears it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well im not positive where u could get a sound clip but i guess u could go to google.com go to videos and search flowmaster 50... and good choice.. its nice and toned down but u kno its there when u need it

The soundclip in my link (4 wheel chirp)is a flowmaster 50 series--she won't like it.
I asked my daughter to shoot the video, the noise scared her. Try to ignore the comment.

Here's my opinion. I've got a 50 series on my F150 with a 5.8L. I know its a lot bigger engine but I still think it will be too loud for your significant other based on what you have said. I think that the 50 series is much quieter at idle but when you put your foot in it, it is just a bit quieter, imo. The 50 series has a deeper rumble to it.

i have a 02 mountaineer 4.6l and the flowmaster 50 is perfect. not to loud, at cruising speed you can barely hear it, just at accleration.

The soundclip in my link (4 wheel chirp)is a flowmaster 50 series--she won't like it.
I asked my daughter to shoot the video, the noise scared her. Try to ignore the comment.

I remeber you posting that Jon. If I remember correctly..... she called you a dork, dumbass, or something along those lines. Very funny! I would go with a 50 series flowmaster. I have the 4.6 with a 40 series and it is loud. But I enjoy it and surprisingly, so does my wife!

Back