help driver side "sag" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

help driver side "sag"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hello,

Probably not unless your shackles are shot? The driver side is heavier and the springs tend to wear faster on that side. I added monroe tow helper shocks in the rear and that took care of the problem... note that isnt technically a fix for a bunch of reasons. A true fix is probably new leaf springs. Someone might be able to help you with the torsion bar adjustments though?

What I've seen done is just get another set of passenger side springs out the JY, and swap out the drivers side springs on yours with the JY springs, is that proper? Nope, it works though

RandomNerd2000 I like it... never thought to do that! Why not!

I was told that worked by a mechanic who used a 95 2 door as his shop vehicle, and his didn't lean to the left at all, so that's what I've always told people. Make sure the vehicles are as similar as you can get them, I think 2 and 4 doors have different springs.

I was told that worked by a mechanic who used a 95 2 door as his shop vehicle, and his didn't lean to the left at all, so that's what I've always told people. Make sure the vehicles are as similar as you can get them, I think 2 and 4 doors have different springs.

2 doors had a mono leaf design IIRC. If your going with one from a JY truck, then you need to make sure the suspension codes are the same between the two.

You should be able to just peek under the donor and count the leaves. However I also had sag on my passenger's side so I decided to get the Monroe load adjust (coilovers). Main complaint with those is the same I had with the prior Monroe Sensatrac replacements I had on it, not enough dampening... though they were better when new, were worn out so since I was replacing shocks anyway I decided to go that route... didn't want to reduce my load capacity much, one thing I use my '98 for every spring is hauling ~20 bags of mulch.

Back