help installing aftermarket sub with stock headunit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

help installing aftermarket sub with stock headunit

shaft

Reaction score
City, State
whittier cali
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 sort
tapping into stock sub

ok i have a 2002 explorer sport with the premium sound system and i want to install a after market sub and amp with the stock head unit 6 disc. Is there any way that i can just tap into the existing stock subwoofer and amp lines to get this to work. Thanks

Does your system come with an amplifier. If it doesnt, all you need is to get a Line Out Converter to convert the high out of your head unit to low line. This then can go in the signal input of your amps and then to your subwoofers. You may get a single pair or a dual pair of LOCs. Having just one pair will mean that it will be the only available line that you will use(should you power them with amps) for front speakers, rear speakers and sub/s. There will be no fading for front and rear. Having 2 pairs of low level outs, you may use one pair for front speaker amp, then the last pair split for rear speaker amp then to sub amp.

thanks for the help guys my friend help me figure out the wiring and how to run the wires. we were able to keep the stock sub and amp working to its freakin sweet.

Back