Help me find the plastic arm for a Door Lock. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help me find the plastic arm for a Door Lock.

ma96782

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT, 4dr
Can anyone tell me if the plastic arm that attaches on the back of the door lock is available??

To see the part I'm talking about, click here:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php

Add these factors in the Part Number Search section:
Part # 9D1046
Part Mfn: Airtex

The part I'm looking for is the plastic arm that attaches to the back of the door lock. I've already checked with the large auto parts stores at their "Help Parts" section. No luck there.

I'll be headed to the FORD dealership tomorrow.

Aloha, Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think you need to buy the entire door lock cylinder.

Not sure though. If you can buy 1 you may need to look on Ebay, junk yards or find someone parting out an X.

Thanks for the input.

I was looking at an online FORD parts place (last night) and their site showed the lock cyl and plastic arm- together. So, I'm kinda bummed out......fingers will be crossed until I get to the dealership.

Aloha, Mark

plastic door lock arm

Your best bet would be the junk yard; i replaced one on my 91 a few months ago got it off a 91 Aerostar

Well I just got back.......there might be some hope for FORD yet.

I first started my search here in Vancouver,WA....the parts guy knew what I was looking for just by showing him the part and the cyl lock....he came back a few moments later....NO PART. He said they usually have alot of them in a parts bin....but, no luck this time. He writes down the part# for me.

So, next was Portland, OR....again the parts guy was familiar with the part.....he checked the computer.......2 in stock......he goes in the back and returns a few mins later......NO PART. He says, "Sorry, the computer said there was suppose to be two in the inventory."

So, then it was on to Gresham, OR.....the guy is familiar with the part and goes to the back, moments later he returns with the part.....the search is finally over.

Part # F1LY 6321970 A
Cost $11.46

Installation was a breeze.

Aloha, Mark

Back