Help me understand rebates... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help me understand rebates...

toph

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
So I am planning on ordering my explorer next week on monday. The current $500 cash back is in effect until tuesday. I also have the $750 'private cah' from Ford. I had a salesman tell me that there is no way to tell what if any rebate that I will get until the car comes in...is this BS ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For the current $500, you should get at least that unless the incentive is higher when the vehicle is delivered. The $750 private cash should be protected if you order before it expires.

Search the forum for Incentive Protection Prorgam and you should find a link to the program information and more info...

DH

It's important to mention that the protection program is new for 2011 and many dealers are not aware of it so you may need to educate your dealer with the information you find here.

It's important to mention that the protection program is new for 2011 and many dealers are not aware of it so you may need to educate your dealer with the information you find here.

Good point. Here's the link to the protection program information that I found in an earlier post. I printed this out and took with me to the dealer when I ordered, just in case, but they confirmed the protection...

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...s-after-today-13208ippenrollmentguidesv13.pdf

OK, just so I understand... I ordered in March, and the incentive was $1000. It was $500 until yesterday, and thus far I cannot find the new incentive. So, printing that info out and taking to my dealer allows me to get the $1000 incentive that was available at the time of my order?

OK, just so I understand... I ordered in March, and the incentive was $1000. It was $500 until yesterday, and thus far I cannot find the new incentive. So, printing that info out and taking to my dealer allows me to get the $1000 incentive that was available at the time of my order?

Yes, $1000 is protected if you ordered before 4/4 which you did.

Thanks so much!

Incentives are now protected by Ford Motor Company at the time of purchase. My dealership also told me that If the incentive was to get better, they would give me the new incentive.

I have a question about direct order cars from dealer:
Dealer told me if I order the car from them, the rebate amount will be the ones that takes effective and use at the time when I picked up the vehicle rather than current rebate amount.
Is there anyone know how it works?
Thanks

Jingjing,
My dealer told me that I was "order protected" when I placed my order in late December and would get the rebates available at the time the order was placed.They both can't be correct.

Dealer told me if I order the car from them, the rebate amount will be the ones that takes effective and use at the time when I picked up the vehicle rather than current rebate amount.
Thanks

I ordered mine and sealed the deal the day i placed the order, which included a 2k rebate. I also set a trade in value the same day even though i'm driving my current vehicle for 6-8 weeks until the new Ex comes in. Sounds to me the dealer is setting up to screw you or doesn't know what they are doing.

Thanks

Hi jingjing,

Congratulations on ordering! Once you have an order number, send that and your dealer name to me via PM and I'll be happy to provide you with weekly updates on your Explorer's status.

Questions about incentives/rebates are best answered by your dealership. Additionally, you can reach out to our Marketing Program Headquarters at 1-800-334-4375.

Crystal

Unless something has changed for 2013, Ford offers incentive protection. Ask whether your dealer participates in the program. If so, most incentives will be protected at the time you place your order. You will get whichever is better--those at the time of order or those at the time of delivery.

another question:
about TTL fees. for the tax, it is calculated based from the net value of the car dealer sold and later then deduct the rebates, right?

if you are in CA which it looks like you are, the tax and license fees are based on the SELLING price, before trade in, rebate, down payment. So if the price you pay is $47,000 before rebates, trade in, down payment, that is the amount you are taxed on... you are not taxed on the amount after rebates and down payment. Most dealers also have a "Doc Fee" which is usually $55.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When ordering a Ford do you get the rebates in place when you order, when you take delivery, or whichever is better for the buyer? When I ordered my RAM it was whatever rebates were in place when you took delivery, but it seems like I've heard it was different on the Fords. Does Ford have a set policy?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Back