Help please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help please

Ok, i got some neons for the inside of my truck.... now i want to wire then up to the cig-lighter.... they have cig-lighter plugs on them... i want to cut them off and wire them up to w switch and tap into the power from the cig-lighter... i got osme wire and a switch today but have some questions before i start... do i need a relay or anything? or can i just use an inline fuse? rather then run it off the cig-lighter... is there any easyier way? i'm open for ideas guys...

Mike

Ok, there are a few ways on wiring your neons -

First, you can indeed tap into your cigaret power supply, but i wouldn't recomend doing that, seeing as its kidna hard to get to the wires (in my explorer at least).

A second option would be to hook up wires from your fuse box..buy thats kinda sloppy and it not the best way.

The way that i did it, was i just ran a wire from my battery to my neons.

What i did, was took a 10 guage wire, hooked it up to the + terminal on my battery, ran it thorugh the firewall, and to a inline fuse. From there, you can have the power wire become many differnet power wires (so many switches can have power comeing to them)

If you need some help in wiring the switches, check out htese wiring diagrams ive made for different people over the months -

Dead Link Removed

Hope this helps

Carleton

Back