fuse box wiring ?'s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fuse box wiring ?'s

I am wiring a 2nd fuse pane in my blazer. My questions are, is it safe to use my ignition wire in my ignition harness to power a relay for my fog lights and my radar detector or should I use a ignition wire for each item? Also can I just tap into the wiring for my cig. Lighter to get constant power for a cb radio that will be rarely used?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If "power a relay" means that its is just power for the switch then, yes, no problem.
Probably also no problem w/CB power form lighter wire. Although it would be better even if you just ran a wire from the battery W/a fuse in the line.

yes i mean just ther wire to switch on the relay . I am thinking about running the wire to the battery for the cb just didnt know if i should because it will be rarely used just figured i would have the wire there just in case. so the relay turn on wire and the radar detector on one circuit should be alright? thanks for the help

Ya, I have the radar detect. & a couple of other relay activating wires run off the w/s wiper wire.

Yea, I have ran some stuff into my fuse block in the cab and in the engine bay area. It works really well for low voltage stuff. But for a CB or say a car amp they should go direct to the battery.

Back