Help: Remote Starter install | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help: Remote Starter install

billb1981

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
Hey folks, was wodnering if you guys might be able to help me out....I'm pulling my hair out getting started installing my remote starter in my 2002 explorer.

I bought a Bulldog 500 System

I also bought a XpressKit PKALL bypass so I don't have to leave a key in the module.

I am very confused trying to figure out how the bypass module works, in relation to where it plugs in. It mentions a D2D port, but I can't find that on the explorer, except for a Green Plug near the ignition barrel.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Not worried about the wiring, I just think instructions are a little bad. I've searched all over the net.

Thanks

Bill

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My bypass kit does not plug at all on the truck, that plug might be on the remote start module? :dunno: mine has a wire that wraps around the pats receiver near the switch

I'm getting somewhere.... you're right the D2D port would be on the Remote Starter...

You have the module I believe that has to have the key in it?

Guess I just need to figure out if that Green thing that plugs in is the harness.

no, mine programs as a 3rd key, using the 2 original keys
is this the green thing you mean?
08022008.jpg

Yeah, thanks for the pic, I certainly hope you didn't just tear apart your X to help! :)

This is the general manual

For the 2002 Explorer

I think I get it now...

Cut into the wires going to the Green Connection. (Purple/White, Yellow/Black, Blue/White, Pink)

The other connection goes down to the Yellow 12 volt constant.

Now I can't figure out where the blue/white that comes out of the express kit goes...says -while running status

- when running, or "out when running" is the wire coming from the remote starter that provides a ground signal when the remote start sequence is initiated. You can use it to run relays or in this case, your bypass module.

the d2d port only plugs into the alarm but it has to be viper,clifford,python. so your gonna have to do wire to wire.

Well I am in process of connecting all these wonderful wires...to confirm something here.... with my key in the on position, the remote programmed, I should be able to start the truck right? Currently the remote says it's on, my parking lights come on, but it doesn't even start to crank. Any thoughts on what to check first?

is your black/white wire grounded? its the neurtal safety switch. to make it work just ground it

You may also want to check and see what the default is set for m/t or a/t.. I just put an astrostart in my 03 and default is m/t. It turned on the parking lights and everything and then shut right back off until I changed it to a/t.

Back