HELP- removing radiator core support | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP- removing radiator core support

Wow.. looks like the frame rails got a little tweaked. How are you gonna straighten those? Looks good though!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

only the drivers side.... i believe they call it the horn?? its not to bad and looks worse in the picture then it really is. I am going to put a little pressure on it and heat it up. Then i have to see if i can buy just the frame ends where the bumper bolts on and weld them on- if not off to the machine shop and ill make some new ones along with the brackets for my body lift.

You can buy the bumper horns from Ford. Cut off the old one weld on the new one. Cake.
Looks like your aprons ( side panels ) are gonna need a little tlc.
Looks good man, you are comming along just fine.

Great idea to show some love to the front of your engine. As long as you have it all apart you might as well.

Good job man.

E-303 cam? :D Thats some love.

what about an e-303 cam...??? you mean install one at this time? that was on my list of things to do- lol....

I want to also get a chip for it...... i guess i am going to sell the hypertech chip that came with the truck....

i checked to see if the bumper horns are available through ford and they are so they are going to get them for me. cut off the old.. weld on the new.

spent the evening in the shop and well.. the frame rails are all straight and the new radiator support is set in place. project is coming along great.

Don't forget your cross mesurement.

Sounds great man.

what exact measurements should i be taking? and where? any tips would be great!!!
So far I have everything around where it should be. I have to start taking exact measurements like above and get everything perfect. I have to wait and pick up the body mount wednesday also.

I can look in my crash book tomorrow and come back and tell you tomorrow evening.
I can tell you, it is in millimeters though.

that would be great! thanks

From the very back fender bolt hole, diagonal across the engin bay to the very front fender bolt hole will be 1510 mm. Both directions.

Front fender bolt hole left to front fender bolt hole right 1376 mm

With the Ford you can probabally fuge 2mm at most, if you are doing it, it might as well be right.

Back