HELP windows open and wont close and 4wd lights flashing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP windows open and wont close and 4wd lights flashing

edavillenut

Reaction score
City, State
pepperell ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Eddie Bauer
i did my front brakes and replaced a washerpump today then went to close my windows and the wont close. 4wd lights flash 6 times then shut off and repeat. also i have no interior lighting. i did a search and what i found i tried and it dident work. this is all on a 99 eddie bauer 4 door. 4.0 sohc automatic

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

check all your fuses????

yes checked them all the all seem to be fine and seated

Sounds like an issue with the GEM (generic electronic module). It controls the window and door lock logic and the 4wd logic.

I would try to reset by removing the battery cable(s) for 10 -15 min. Then connect them again.

removed the battery cables dident work. started ohming out fuses and found a bad one. in slot #26. found the info on this site. this site rules

glad you found your problem... fuse...:) A lot of people do their fuse "check" as a "visual".... not good enough. If you don't these simple checks, before you know it, you can get going down a "rat hole" and doing expensive parts replacements, and expensive shop trouble shooting time.

Sounds like an issue with the GEM (generic electronic module). It controls the window and door lock logic and the 4wd logic.

Wipers too, probably some other things as well.

Back