help with spr rating | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

help with spr rating

Big Bear Bob

Reaction score
City, State
Big Bear area of Southern Ca. near "Rim of the World drive", & Sugarloaf Mountain
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT /01 Dodge 1500 4X4
I've lost it my buddy and I plan to do the TT lift tomorrow, and I would just like to know what to expect.

The door sticker that has all the info on your truck is a little confusing. Some people have said the first letter under SPR refers one thing other say something else?

I've read at least 4 posts and they seem split.
Garret says that under SPR the B-F refers to the torsion bars first thus rated at B and the rear springs rated at F. this makes sense, but please somebody straighten me out on this one ok?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes this means that you should have no problems cranking your t-bars as far as you wish. You will be just fine.

Thanks Jason

We just started with thr shackles, and he's never done a TT before, but it sounds easy enough. D o you argree that 2"s should be the highest we should go?

Originally posted by Big Bear Bob
Thanks Jason

We just started with the shackles, and he's never done a TT before, but it sounds easy enough. D o you argree that 2 inches should be the highest we should go?

Originally posted by Big Bear Bob
Thanks Jason

We just started with thr shackles, and he's never done a TT before, but it sounds easy enough. D o you argree that 2"s should be the highest we should go?
No actually I don't. I say that you should as high as you need to go to clear your tires with no rubbing at full compression, but no higher. My TT is at a little more than 2.25" with no ill effects.

THanks again Jason, we just about have the shackles on now, and I gotta get back out there. The TT will be easier than the shackles won't they?

Well we gotta take a break, can't get one of the bolts off the leaf springs...

My partner said that we should also take off the rear anti-sway bar so...

Don't be so quick to remove vital safety components!

Didn't you say your wife drives your truck often? If so, then maybe that isn't a good idea. You should probably disconect it first, before removing it and see how you like it.

Good point, and honestly we are more of moderate off roaders. Meaning we normally stay off the trails that say things like "DANGER EXTREME CONDITIONS MOST DIFFICULT TRAIL IMAGINABLE" etc. I would rather have it safe, so I think I'll put a hold on that. We normally look for trails marked moderate to moderate hard in difficulty.

Right now my friend is on his way home because he forgot some tools, but thanks for pointing out the safety feature, and the fact is she drives it more than I do.

Thanks for the heads up and best toya
Bob

Well we got it up and with the 31" BFG AT/KO's from the ground to the center top of each wheel well is 34.5 and 34.6 all around. Measured just at the lip of the wheel well itself

Does this sound about right after warrior shackles and a TT lift?

Back