• Register Today It's free!

help with tire size

what do the different #'s mean in the tire size
for example
275/75r16 i know wut that means but
30x9.50 its the tire size and wut

and also im doing a tt and was wondering were to get some warrior shackles
at a reasonable price

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

tellic4x4 has them so does dessert rat. as for the tire numbers...not sure.

I don't really understand your question about tire size... the 30x9.50x15 is 30" tall, 9.50" wide, 15" rim. Is that what you're asking?

As for the 275/75/16, I think 275 is the width in mm, 75 is the aspect ratio, or the percentage of the width that the sidewall is, and 16 is the rim size in inches.

LBarr2002 said:
I don't really understand your question about tire size... the 30x9.50x15 is 30" tall, 9.50" wide, 15" rim. Is that what you're asking?

As for the 275/75/16, I think 275 is the width in mm, 75 is the aspect ratio, or the percentage of the width that the sidewall is, and 16 is the rim size in inches.

u answered my question i didnt know if the 9.50 was the width or not thankyou

so y are there 2 different types of #s for tires 30x9.50x15 or 275/75/16

as for the warrior shackles i would like to know were to get them online

you wont find, I believe, a 16" wheel in standard measurements (32s, 33s). Also, it is really up to the tire manufacturer to have it as standard or metric (mm)

Just use this to go back and forth from sizes: http://www.dakota-truck.net/TIRECALC/tirecalc.html

-Drew

ExplorerDMB said:
you wont find, I believe, a 16" wheel in standard measurements (32s, 33s). Also, it is really up to the tire manufacturer to have it as standard or metric (mm)

Just use this to go back and forth from sizes: http://www.dakota-truck.net/TIRECALC/tirecalc.html

-Drew

thanks for the info
i was just using the #'s as an example im not sure wut size rim and tire i wanna use yet

Back