Help with TS, Ford sport trac wheels locking up when I brake in drive position? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help with TS, Ford sport trac wheels locking up when I brake in drive position?

Francisco Perez

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford sport trac 4x4
Hey, so i looked around and found a few good information relating to this, but didn't find much about this specific problem that had hardly any replies

so what happened was my gf was driving, coming to a stop and soon as she hit the brake the car abruptly stopped, tires screeching kinda stop. It wouldn't move there after, just a few inches if that.

Before that there was a rattling coming from the driver front side wheel and i suspect whatever happened has to do with that, I got the car to move by going in reverse, it brakes just fine in reverse but when i go to drive the car will drive, but as soon as i hit the brake the wheels locks, there is also a loud thick consistent metal clunking noise that i noticed when i drove it home (block away from where it happened).

I really am hoping its not the transmission, but I just want to know what too look around for apart from the caliper and cable tomorrow morning or if someone has dealt with something like this to give any insights.
thank you all very much

Back