• Register Today It's free!

Help

tvz

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma City, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Edge
Hello all, great place lots of good info and help. I have a serious problem with my 02 Ranger Edge 3.0 V-6 U engine 2WD Auto. About 2 weeks ago she started to ping and loose power when I try to accelerate on to the Highway, and It just keeps getting worse the first time it happened the CEL started to flash and then stayed on, took it to Advance Auto and they said that the drivers side bank was indicating a missfire on 3 cylinders, I reset the computer and the code has not returned. I have installed new Autolite Double Plat plugs, Motorcraft Wires, Pvc and Pvc Elbow (was collapsed) new Coil, New Fuel Filter, Seafoamed it twice, (minimal smoke & cleaned plugs after) tapped on Cats to check for rattles, cleaned MAF and Throttle Body, reset computer after all service. now the idle is rough, it pings badly, has no power after 40 MPH, I am stumped and I am limited on funds, anything I missed or any other suggestions?
thanks in advance.
Tim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

O2 sensors? Throttle position sensor?

I replaced the upstream O2 Sensors and Fuel Filter, TPS, Wires, Plugs, Seafoamed, cleaned MAF, TB. Took it to have put on the computer scan at a repair shop, and they said the exhaust was pluggged, but the muffler shop removed the cats and said they were not plugged, the repair shop said when they removed the O2 Sensors, it ran fine, but it does not run good at all idles very bad, wont go over 25-30 Mph, so I had it towed to the dealer, so I guess we will see what happens next, out $450.00 over the past 2 days with nothing to show for it except a bunch of new parts and more to come I'm sure

sorry to hear about your troubles. personally i think that Seafoam is garbage. I know thats not the cause of your problem but i'd stay away from it

It's a pain to try everything and nothing works. I had a similar problem on my 93 3.0 and it was the O2 sensors failing. Good luck.

Ok, problem fixed, it was my 2 forward cats were plugged, and I had to replace all 5 of them, expensive!, anyway it is running well lots of power and milage back to 20 miles per gallon, but I am having a hard miss at idle, when I first start it up after it sits overnight or for more than a few hours it will idle rough, stumble a little and then it will miss, especially when the Heater or AC is on. I just want to make sure there is nothing else wrong that may damage my new cats, etc thanks

Ok, does anyone have any suggestions as to my problem, do I have an Injector problem or a vacuum leak? It's no trowing any codes so I do not know which cylinder is missfiring, and it's starting to happen more often.

Hey, my problem is becoming more frequent, especially when I turn on my AC or Heater, anyone have the same or similar issue?

sounds to me like you had a problem before the cats went bad and thats what plugged them up. usually what plugs a cat is excessive unburnt fuel (like from a misfire) or other fluids that shouldnt be there(coolant or oil). id check for misfiring or leaking injectors or coolant issues.....it may be time to take it into the shop and let someone with the right computer equipment take a look at it...otherwise youll blow your life savings trying to figure it out yourself and throw parts at it....not to insult youre abilities...its just that without the ford diagnostic equipment.....it can be rather difficult. but if you really dont want to take it somewhere...invest in scanner that can read freeze frame data and PID's or "live data". good luck!

Anybody have any suggestions as to the hard miss I experience when my Ac is on? Do I possibly have burnt exhaust valves or could something else be causing my miss? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Back