• Register Today It's free!

Help!!!

Papabig1

Reaction score
City, State
shawnee Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 explorer xlt 4.0
Ive got a lot going on with this truck...Had fuel pump replaced and mechanic left a hose hanging that had a plastic piece stuck into the unattached end, now wont take fuel from pump. Coolant leak from thermostat housing, Recently started knocking horribly at cold start but stops like on a switch i believe when thermostat opens. Now after a rev up to 4000 rpm truck died, wont restart and coolant is pouring out of rear motor. Starter fried while guys from work tried to jump it. Where the heck do I start?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! Did you go back to the mechanic when you noticed that he left a hose unplugged? Do you have a plastic thermostat housing?
I had truck towed to mechanic and it doesn’t have any compression...looks like I’m pretty much screwed. Thanks for trying!

No compression usually means something catastrophic has occurred. Hopefully the coolant situation and/or lack of compression isn't due to internal moving parts colliding, breaking off and punching a hole in the block.

No compression usually means something catastrophic has occurred. Hopefully the coolant situation and/or lack of compression isn't due to internal moving parts colliding, breaking off and punching a hole in the block.
I got this truck from a shop that fixes cars and sells them, not for profit but to help people in need. Even let me make payments. It was a rebuilt motor that had already failed once before. I’m guessing there was enough damage the first time that it was probably inevitable. The shop contacted me a few minutes ago and I’ll be able to pick up a different car next week There are still amazing people out there. Explorer forum seems to have a lot of them. Thanks for reading and replying!

Sounds like you will have a good outcome. There are a lot of good people here.

Back