• Register Today It's free!

herculined interior?

aleej

Reaction score
City, State
north & south brunswick, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
97sport/95ram/87trooper
TO HERCULINE OR NOT TO HERCULINE... THAT IS THE QUESTION!!!!... im thinking of ripping out the carpet in my 97... and herculining the floor.. anyone have any suggestions.. reasons why to do or to not?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well the plus side, if you decide to drive thought water and water gets inside you have carpet to soak the water up and stink it up later. Its should help strengthen the floor some, you won't have to worry about it rusting from the inside out. If you get your boots/shoes muddy alot then thats another good reason because it'll rinse off. If you wanna do the work I say go for it! :thumbsup:

my main worry is all the electronics on the floor...

I didn't think of that....you could go around to hardware stores see if you could find rubber hose/tubing and slice down the center and tuck the wires into them, then take electrical tape and tape around the tubing to help protect the wires.

thats and i dea i never thought of doing that..

something redneck I'd do, it would help keep the wires together and further protect them from ripping or getting a cut and something shorting any of them out. (wouldn't consider it bulletproof against anything but it'd certainly help.)

Just DON'T get you Hootus caught up in the Herculining process!!!!! roflol

Back