Herculiner on my Bumpers/Trim | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Herculiner on my Bumpers/Trim

I have a green sport with gray trim, which I think looks awsome. But the gray trim is starting to get messed up, on of the fender flares has a huge scratch on it and it can't be buffed out, at least I don't think you can because it's plastic. And then my rear bumper has a few scrapes and dings, and well getting the bugs off my front bumper is a pain. So i was thinking about herculining my bumpers and trim, anyone done this yet, how does it look? And do they make a similar gray color, because I really like the green/gray. thanks
Mark

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm gonna do the same thing. I'll keep you posted. I may have it professionaly done.

I did herculiner on both bumpers. Ryan penner (rpenner54) has the green sport with herculiner on rocker panels and bumpers too. The stuff isn't bad but its a ***** to wash, and it's faded quite a bit since applying it just a few months ago.

Matt,

You didn't add THAT to your ebay listing!:D

Where is the best place to get herculiner? It said the gray costs $140, do they make it in the quart size, because I don't think I'll need the whole gallon, and are there any alternative brands to herculiner?

They sell the black herculiner at most autoparts stores. Check www.herculiner.com for all of the retailers they sell at, I am sure there will be one in your area. They have a kit that is like 75.00 (I think) or just a quart of it for 29.99. I think there is an overcoating for the liner that you can put on to keep it from fading too much, as I don't think it is UV resistant.

Dave

I like my gray trim, so if I have to I will pay the extra money. I probably won't start untill spring, so I have some time to find the best price. I also just ordered zaino Z2, Z5, Z6, and Z18. That should hopefully take care of some of my scratches on the actual body.

Back