• Register Today It's free!

Here's how the truck sits now

beach

Reaction score
City, State
south florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
Coyote F150
Didn't know where to post this lol. All Mevotec parts in the front ('cept the Energy end links and bushings), Rancho RS5374 shocks in front which are extended length for lifts/TT applications, Monroe Coil Overs in rear and Warrior Shackles, ProComp Alloys (way lighter vs steelies) and 31" Nankang FT7 A/Ts which aren't a well known tire here but well known overseas and preferred over BFG and others and their much cheaper. Truck drives and rides awesome, I've been in TT/shackle Explorers that didn't drive near as nice. I ordered longer 100mm torsion bolts for front and could crank it since its 2wd, so it sits about 36" height all around measured from outter fender well edge to ground. Still have the Energy rear sway bar bushing kit to install but haven't gotten around to it.

I was rubbing/catching the footboards at full lock when turning/reversing but have to drive it more since its aligned now to check. Did all the work to the truck including engine related, had it since new and at 150k miles now... 'cept I gave up on the front, no clue how any of you can do the front suspension with the LCA and torsion bars in your driveway in a couple hours lol... I gave up, shop down the street did it. Said they always have guys coming in that did or were doing lifts but gave up on LCA/torsion setups on various trucks. Put on new Wearever Premium rotors and their Premium Ceramic Pads and new wheel bearings etc, even with the new wheels and tires the truck stops more like a sports sedan now, far far better then before.

And as you can see got rear ended but lost the guys info, not sure if there's a way to bend back the bumper (you can see it pushing the left rear cladding out). Somehow thats all I got, the guy had a newer Tahoe and his front was f'd up more then mine.

20160118_124602_zpsdkxuapuv.jpg
20160118_124615_zpsvp8ioh4s.jpg
20160118_124638_zpsmgy2b36r.jpg
20160118_125330_zpshkffliiu.jpg
20160118_125351_zpsdmipewur.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice truck!

The bumper, I'd probably just snag one from a scrap yard. You'll save yourself alot of work and it'll likely never be perfect again.

I bent the pass. corner of a nice chrome Ex bumper once, it actually twisted the corner down pretty far, I took it off and beat on it using a sledgehammer and blocks of wood. I got it back to pretty good shape but being that it was chrome you could still see that it had been damaged in the right lighting.

Nice truck!

The bumper, I'd probably just snag one from a scrap yard. You'll save yourself alot of work and it'll likely never be perfect again.

I bent the pass. corner of a nice chrome Ex bumper once, it actually twisted the corner down pretty far, I took it off and beat on it using a sledgehammer and blocks of wood. I got it back to pretty good shape but being that it was chrome you could still see that it had been damaged in the right lighting.
Bumper actually seems fine, I was thinking there was a bracket or something that if unbolted could be bent back and then just bolt the bumper back? Or can you not do that? I don't know how that's all I got, if you saw the front of the Tahoe you would have thought he hit me at like 25+ mph lol.

Nice truck!

gonna try this maybe this weekend:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192525

Damn, the underside of your Ex looks nice. I've been busy repairing or replacing parts that have evaporated or turned to dust. I think if I buy another Ex I'm going to Florida.:D

That IS a nice looking truck, beach. Ours is 4WD, but your 2WD looks the part more.

Damn, the underside of your Ex looks nice. I've been busy repairing or replacing parts that have evaporated or turned to dust. I think if I buy another Ex I'm going to Florida.:D
whats funny is when I changed the fuel filter I was expecting it to be a royal pain in the arse from reading on here.... took me like 5-10 minutes if that lol. I guess up north guys have the clips seize with the filter and if that happens then yea, that'll be a pain b/c of the way the clip tools slide in lol. Same with the suspension, rear shocks and shackles were easy to unbolt and swap, rear shocks before were Monroe Air Shocks. Got a breaker bar ready and did the shackles and was like oh wow that was easy. Did the other side with a normal ratchet and no bar and was no prob lol, b/c reading on here people were saying you have to PB blast for days on end and might still have to use heat and a breaker bar.

So yes.... buy trucks/parts from FL :D

Ironically certain things get killed here. My house is on the water and beach is like mile away or so. Salt in the air kills stuff like grills, my current bbq grill is holding on by a strand of metal... going to a nice webber next time.

Back