• Register Today It's free!

Hey all

Yetii

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 xlt
I'm mostly posting to get rid of the 'Howdy' message. I had a 95 XLT that was the best car I ever owned. Never asked for anything but filters, oil, and a rotor or two in 170k miles. A month ago, a young driver turned left in front of me totalling her. No one was hurt, gonna miss that car. I bought a clean used '97. I like the SOHC power, but I mist say this site has me scared to death of the timing chains. I don't hear anything, but boy am I listening/paranoid. I had to replace a leaking water pump and do the obligatory blend door replacement. This one has 130k on it, I'm hoping for 100k more.

Awright, 'Howdy' go away!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

G'day and welcome, got any pic's?

Hey, looky here! An Aussie!!!! My summer ride was built down under. It's a Pontiac G8 GT. I believe it's a Holden Commodore there. No pics of the Ex yet. They'd be nasty anyway, covered in salt and snow.

I like the SOHC power, but I mist say this site has me scared to death of the timing chains. I don't hear anything, but boy am I listening/paranoid. !

I wouldn't worry, just watch out for the bad drivers :roll:

Back