Hey question for alec | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hey question for alec

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading you post on your nitorus install and was wondering if your set up was better. i have a wet kit and shoot the fuel and nitrous in right infront of the throttle body, the nozzle is tapped into the throttle body. On your it say you have it 7 inchs or so infront of it on your intake. I was just wondering if that was better, and what you though tof me shooting it that close to the intake manifold. Let me know you thoughts on it. By the way, great install write up, couldnt be more clear, and it looks great!! Im getting ready to post my install soon, i think youll like it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The kit that I installed said to put the nozzle 6-12 inches from the throttle body. I think I understand why after playing around with different nozzles at my mechanic's shop. With the nozzle farther from the throttle body, the nitrous can fully atomize in the airstream before the turbulence of the intake manifold. This way it will get evenly divided between all cylinders. When spraying directly into the TB, you may get uneven distribution of the gas.

Also, I went with a "dry" setup because I was wary of spraying gasoline into my supercharger. Who knows what effect the gas would have on the teflon of the rotors and the blowoff valve? Imagine gasoline going through the blowoff valve and being ejected into my engine bay!?!

Another reason to spray farther from the TB is soleniod leakage. Solenoids are rarely totally perfect and may leak sometimes. This means you may get a small 'puddle' of nitrous oxide gas/liquid in your intake tract. If the intake airstream can pick this up before the tb and get it mixed in, it's not a big deal. however, it could cause problems if it goes into the engine by itself, especially in a stream to only 1 cylinder.

Hope I made sense!

that sounds right, im going to move my nozzle farther back, do i still have to worry about puddleing

I would check with Troll and BkMik, they are the experts.

Thanks for the confidence in me, Aldive. While I don't believe everyone should always take my advice as the absolute truth, I do know what I'm talking about most of the time. I've been working with nitrous oxide for a while and haven't blown my motor up yet.

And since you seem to display that attitude towards me often, I may tend not to reply to your posts and questions in the future; since you seem not to value my advice.

I appologize to any other members if my tone seems a little harsh.

I value all opinions, but when I want to know more I generally try to ask a pro, someone in the business, like Troll and his brother. Thats all.

no need to apologise, a ohv with a blower and nitrous,, and its still running after all that, if you ask me it take a pro tp do that alone. Anyone can build up a 5.0, there so many parts, no a 4.0, with few aftermarket parts and not much knowledge on what works, i think alec has ffound what works, seems like a pro to me

in the auto industry, keep in mind that the line between "pro" and "amateur" is very thin. a "pro" is just an "amateur" who charges money. (im not putting down blk mk8 or troll. theyre both very knowledgeable; i was just trying to make a general point.)

yea, i know several PRO's around here at various car dealderships. GM, Ford, Dodge, all have PRO's that at best can replace stuff with new parts. if there aint a service alert on the computer for your problem, then they'll replace everything until its fixed.

this all started as a timing question, why is everyone talking about being pros.

But don't pros do their own work? They don't take their car to a mechanic to do the work.

The are a few reasons I still use my mechanics.

1) I'm still learning about various systems and take my truck in when I need a little advice.
2) I don't have all the tools, a lift, etc
3) TIME. I'm currently working 2 jobs and pre-studying for med school. I don't have the time to either work on my truck or to have it sit for weeks on end when it needs to get fixed.

I know how to make homemade paper too, but you still see me buying it from the store :rolleyes:

Enlighten us alec, how do we make this homemade paper that you speak of?

I can make a battery using a potato but i also still buy batteries.

But there is a HUGE point about not having the right tools available. If you do not have the right tools i wouldnt even attempt anything because you will most likely have stripped bolts or get stuck in the middle of a project and not being able to finish.

The way Alec was describing his system shows me that he is a pro and he does know what he is talking about.

Thank you to those members who contributed to the conversation and contribute in general to this website. This thread got way too off-topic and is being closed. Explorer4, if you have any more nitrous questions, feel free to contact me or to start another post. Have a good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back