• Register Today It's free!

Hi-Lift Jacking Points

earli

Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
So, you folks out there with the Hi-lift jacks, where are the jacking points on the Explorer? I jack up my truck by the frame, but that's in the driveway with a floor jack. Not to practical out in the field.

------------------

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HiLift points:

rear: I use my bumper, but this is not recommended. A hitch is better.

front: If you mount flat tow hooks (eyes) like the fullsize Chevy's or the new F150's, these are GREAT for jack points.

side: If your nerf bars are strong enuf,....

Cheers

Dale

MY GM tow hooks work great for the front of my truck, on the back I use the bumper.

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC
Dead Link Removed

I got stuck in about 3 feet of snow in March, I used the rear bumper(Make sure you are under the tow plate). There is a fender attachment you can buy for the Hi-Lift.

As for the front, I took the air dam off, and the radiator scoop, so I caould more easily access the undercarriage, and get a higher approach angle. with the high lift, I used the (gasp!) front sway bar. I was goping to lose my Explorer over the side of a hill, so we wrapped a chain through the sway bar, connected one end of the Hi-Lift, and hooked another chain to the other end of the Hi-Lift, and connected it to a tree strap and tree. The jack was in mid-air, and we used it like a winch. Slow going, but steady pressure.

LiveOakPrk@Mobsters.com

------------------
'95 4x4 2dr
31x10.5x15's on 15x7's
K&N

earli,
I don't own a High lift jack but I believe the bumper would be the point of lift for that type jack.

Hopefully someone that owns one will key in and let you know the jack points.

FM

I don't know what year model you have. I have a '99. There is no way I would use my bumper for a HiLift point. I have a hidden hitch on my rear and use that. There is no place on the front to do it. I tried my WAAG brushguard once and I strongly suggest you do NOT try that. Eventually I will purchase Ramsey's Sierra Wraparound Guard (which is a beefed-up WAAG) and that will work.

------------------
Gerald
"Nerves of Steel; Brain of Chipmunk"
'99 Eddie Bauer 4x4 4.0L SOHC aka "The Jeepeater"
Dead Link Removed
"What the heck is he doing out here in that thing???"

I have a front smittybuilt tube bumper and have found that to be strong enough anywhere to lift off of. In the rear I use the receiver hitch.

------------------
93XLT-5.5" Super Runner, Super Runner Steering, 1.5" Body lift,33x12.5 BFG KO's, Borla exhaust,KKM air filter, Warn HS9500i winch, Sony deck & 10 disk CD changer w/ 12" sub.
Kevins Big Model

Just a word of caution, I jacked mine up out of some mud from the class III hitch (u-haul) in the back and bend the bumper up slightly. I'd always try and go from a frame rail.

Back