HID fog lights on 02 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HID fog lights on 02

HID fog light install pics on 02

hey, so i started a new project that i wanted to share with anyone. IM installing a complete HID kit into my factory fog lights. I allready have them in my headlights but what the heck. The more the better.
Thanks www.hidplace.com. They hooked me up with my headlights. Great deal and it not that cheap stuff you find on ebay. Its good quality. So if you want real HID's I recommend Hidplace.com
So this is what i have now the bulbs in there now are some wannabes hids.

These are the fog lights taken out next to the hid kit i took out of a E-class mercedes broken headlamps.
Had to do some triming to get the HID D2R bulb to fit

I didnt want to make any permanent cuting in my factory harness. so i ordered the male connector to 9005.(Male connection looks like the bulb since the ballast will be connect to the fog light harness, so i can keep the factory fog light switch)

So i connected that male connection to the ballast and the finished plug-and-play hid kit looks like this.

Ill be doing the install tomorrow, so ill post some pictures as soon as I can.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice mod! I like it - looks really good.

-Drew

that looks awesome.. i bet you blind oncoming drivers with the head/fog light combo

Finished

So i finished the project here are the pics. (Soo lucky my dad ownes a body shop.... :D )
BEfore and after wiring beghind the fog light.

On the left is obviously the old bulb. on the right is the HID. Theres is a lot of glare so i aimed it as low as possible it really lights up the ground in front of the car really well. Should be really good for the thick fog.(Have not aimed it yet.)

Both in.

Ill get some night shot mabey tonight or tomorrow

Those things are like high-beams!

-Drew

yea after driving about a day or two i had to tape off the upper portion of the fog light. it was blinding other people. now most of the light is on the ground. but they are really bright i can drive with only the fogs and it lights up the entire road perfectly.

Back