Hid Fog lights on an 05 explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hid Fog lights on an 05 explorer

I have 6000k HIDs for my headlights and would like to do the same. However I heard that the bulb will not fit into the fog light housing properly and you have to make it fit someway... is this true? If it is how would I do this? And what bulbs would I need for my 2005 Ford Explorer XLT Fog Lights?

I have 6000k HIDs for my headlights and would like to do the same. However I heard that the bulb will not fit into the fog light housing properly and you have to make it fit someway... is this true? If it is how would I do this? And what bulbs would I need for my 2005 Ford Explorer XLT Fog Lights?

bulb type for the fogs is 9145

the bulb type is 9145 or h10 is what alot of companies refer to it as. I have 3000k in my fogs and i didnt have to do any modification just plug-n-play urs should be the same exact setup

The kit was plug in play, but the bulbs wouldn't secure very well. One of them actually came out while I was driving and broke so I had to wait for another one to be shipping. Took some modification to get it to lock into place.

Back