HID/HALO question. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HID/HALO question.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Custom headlights? Or do you mean aftermarket headlights? You should use the bulb type designated for the projector or headlight you are using.... What type of bulbs are in there right now?

Custom headlights? Or do you mean aftermarket headlights? You should use the bulb type designated for the projector or headlight you are using.... What type of bulbs are in there right now?

aftermarket..custom, same thing..I dont know what type bulb is in them right now.

aftermarket..custom, same thing..I dont know what type bulb is in them right now.
Actually, aftermarket and custom aren't the same thing. :rolleyes: If you're not sure what bulbs you are using currently, a good first step would be to remove said bulbs from your headlight housings. If you're still having trouble with identification, post a picture of the current bulbs and we'll chime in.

Actually after market could technically look the same as the stock one. Custom would identify it as being different then what it came with. And to the OP, there is often a # printed on the bulb.

I remember back when you didn't just slap some mass produced aftermarket part on something and call it custom.

It's just like those Emo kids, they are individuals, exactly like all the other individuals that are exactly the same as them. They remind me of that Macintosh commercial from 85? during the superbowl..... Only the people are wearing striped shirts and have a tuft of hair over one eye....

Anyways, yeah, there is frequently a part number on the bulb showing what type of bulb it is. Otherwise, pull the bulb out and post pictures of it or compare it to the bulbs at Walmart or something....

They are H1 bulbs.

Depending on which headlights he has they are H1 or H3. If he has this type they are H1...
11-18499-CH.gif

And this type is H3...
02-AZ-FX95-PCC-RF-A.jpg

They projector foglights I have are H3 bulbs also.

none of the different projectors available use 9005/9006 bulbs? I could swear there were more than 2 types of aftermarket projectors available over the years.

Would be easier and save possible future headache if he would just take the bulbs out of the headlights and look at them.:rolleyes:

Back