Hid kits cheap | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hid kits cheap

so i just noticed tonight that one hid is completely white and the other is bluish, this wasnt like this a week ago. idk what the problem could be. anyone have an idea?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so i just noticed tonight that one hid is completely white and the other is bluish, this wasnt like this a week ago. idk what the problem could be. anyone have an idea?

Did you have one on more than the other? (Like testing the bulb out when you only had one hooked up? Not really sure, maybe one bulb is "breaking in" slower than the other one.

Can you get a pic to show the difference?

no they have both been on the same amount of time. ill go snap a pic right now.

IMG00084.jpg

IMG00085.jpg

IMG00086.jpg

Thats quite a difference...I honestly cant think of why it would do that, besides one bulb breaking in faster than the other (They say theres a 50 hour break in period before they reach full color/brightness)

I would get ahold of the company and get some new bulbs sent out

give it a couple days to see if colors even out, otherwise i sugjest you contact your supplier for warantee work...could be ballasts or bulbs...so send the whole kit back if you do anything.

give it a couple days to see if colors even out, otherwise i sugjest you contact your supplier for warantee work...could be ballasts or bulbs...so send the whole kit back if you do anything.

Good point, I would actually keep them on as much as I could for a few days, (As in, ANYTIME your driving, day or night have them on) And see if that breaks them in, otherwise contact the company.

alright will do. thanks guys ill keep the thread updated.

ha.ha.ha. A forum troll? realy? We already covered this bud, but alas, i appologize that i am infact NOT the second coming of christ and am human, just like you, and am prone to make mistakes. Plz, dont troll me. im all for being nice and helpfull... but just for your rude comment, i wont be helping you in the future.

I didn't read all of this....Where do I get some of these? And which ones do I need for my fogs? I was thinking of just getting some for my fogs.

You will need 899(H3). you can go with ddm or this other company called hidcountry. Below is a link to the lights i have on mine these are from hidcountry 20k low beam and 3000k foglight i just order 12k high beam from ddm. DDM is slightly cheaper but ive been pretty satisfied with mine from hidcountry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6LIl-TvDmY

I just took the plunge...and ordered from HIDextra.com 8K for lows, 6K for fogs and the relay kit. I thought it would be worth spending the extra 16 bones for the relay harness. I like keeping the headlight switch in 'auto' mode and didnt want any HID startup issues. BTW Thanks Caldwell, I used the coupon code and saved 15 bucks! Will post photos when installed. Perhaps the fogs won't appear as 'blue' amd will closer match the lows.

Places like VVME.com and DDMtuning.com have the kits for less than HIDextra.com.

^ yes they do lol...

when i started this thread i didnt know what HID's cost and thought they were cheap...

Whats a better company for HIDs? Im hopefully ordering projectors soon, and wanna get HIDs on theyre way too...

I have had a really good experience with Xentec. You can find them all over Ebay. They have always worked well with all vehicles I have used them on.

Pat

I believe that's what my first set was, when I had.them in my 92, they were great, then my next set was from vvme, and they just seemed not as good, took longer to heat up, and had way more blue in them than the same temp set from Xentec, but hey maybe I just had a lemon set.

Back