High and Low Beams on at same time! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

High and Low Beams on at same time!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It will work. However, You will burn up your bulb very quick. The 9007 have a two filaments in one bulb. Lighting both of them will heat up too much and burn out the bulb too fast.

Yeah, it probably will. Oh well.

True that, will burn out the bulb faster and will get stopped by a cop, no doubt about that. Well here in Virginia, yeah.:D

Wouldn't you get stopped anyway if you drive around with your high beams on?

When I push to turn on the highbeams and keep them on, just the highbeam is on. I noticed if you pull back to turn the highbeams on both light are on. They just don't stay on if you let go. So, if you were able to make them stay on that way or re-wire the switch, it should work to have both on at the same time. Of course, the heating up is a problem like stated above.

I drove like that in the pitch black, holding the stick back, on the look out for deer a while ago. I drove for 20 mins or so, and no harm came out of it, so I could only assume short periods of use like that can't harm anything....

I don't think it hurts the bulbs very much. I drive with both beams on instead of just my high beams. I got over 20,000 miles out of my last bulbs(I always drive with my lights on). It can however burn up the harness that plugs into the bulb. I did this after running both beams on 85/100 watt lights.

Back