• Register Today It's free!

Hitch Recommendations please

blackout881

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Eddie Bauer 4.0
Im looking to put a hitch on my 98 AWD 5.0 eddie bauer with a 16" spare. Im only going to be towing a 14' fishing boat, which i used my bumper to tow last summer but dont like that tow point at all. Basicly, im just looking for recommendations on a good hitch that will bolt on easy with my 16" spare. Dont want to spend too much money, so if anyone has one here they'd like to get rid of let me know. My main thing is i just want to know it will fit right with the full size spare. thanks alot

Brands are pretty much identical now, hidden hitch, valley, reese, draw tite...
What you need is a class III reciever hitch. I've used reese hitches on vehicles for years without a problem. Check out prices online first, just put trailer hitch in your search engine and go from there. Best part of using a receiver hitch is you can get a second reciever and put a shackle on it for pulling out other people! Also gives you the ability to accurately level your trailer, something impossible on the bumper

i have a reese class III and I can easily fit a 31 under there. The only catch is I have to push on the back edge of the tire when I raise and lower it to get it to swing past the hitch.

I have a reese class 3 also. Spare fits great. Scrap yard find for $25.00. Tow a boat also with no problems.

Back