Hmm, Toyota Tundra ponderings... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hmm, Toyota Tundra ponderings...

After careful conseridation about my priorities and what I'll actually be doing in the next decade, I've made a decision.

I had a chance to ride around in a brand new Lexus IS 250 and I have to say it was nothing short of AMAZING. It has the technology of a BMW 7 series (and more) without the big engine, space, or pricetag. Seriously, perforated leather seats with AC/heat, smartkey (don't take it out of your pocket, just hit the start button), auto-sensing wipers, paddle shift sequential gearbox, an AWESOME satnav/DVD system, and among many other things, great looks to boot both inside and out.

So, I'm in the process of talking it over with the parents, but the goal is by the end of the year I'll have enough money. Currently I think whats going to happen is I get to sell my current car the shaggin wagon (and deal w/o having a car, which, at college is hardly a hardship) and keep that cash, and then I am applying for local jobs to earn money ONLY to be used for car purchasing. I know I've got a job lined up over the summer that will be very fun (hardly like work) and pay about $2600. By the end of the year I hope to have about $15,000 to $16,000 saved up. My parents are trying to decide if they are going to be willing to match what I put in, in which case I will try to swing for the IS 350 with some options, or if they are going to say $15,000 max (which is still damn generous).

Seriously if you are in the market for a car and not a truck, check the IS out. I was amazed when I was riding around in it how quiet the thing is. Its much more quiet than our BMW and Mercedes, you could literally be going 50-60mph and have a whispering conversation inside with ease.

So, anyone have any job ideas? :p

You are a healthy young college boy. I suggest male prostitution.

Do you have student loans? But your just like me lol, when I get back from the desert I want a new vehicle just not sure, considering either the titan or a lotus so basically I don't know what I want :)

james t said:
You are a healthy young college boy. I suggest male prostitution.

I concur. It works quite well.

Back