• Register Today It's free!

hockey pucks

crrazer469

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 4x4 XLT
i heard that you could just use hockey pucks for a body lift. is this a good idea i want to put both a suspension and body lift, hockey pucks would be alot cheapier.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do a search on them...some people have had them fall apart on them.

cheaper yes, safe/smart no

they do not have the hardness to properly lift a vehicle or support the weight.... sure some people here have probably done it, but it isn't smart. or safe.....

A REAL body lift is less than $100...........to do it right, it is hard to get cheaper than that.

I did it. Click on "Gerald's Truck" in my sig line below and scroll to the second post which details a lot of my early mods including that one... I'm probably the only one here that took the trouble to put a 1", then a 2", then a 3" body lift on.

The hockey puck lift is easy, it does work, and it's very cheap ($10)... but there's a couple of things to consider. Firstly, it's only 1", and I guarantee you that you will not be satisfied with that once you put it on - within a month you'll want to go to at least a 2" body lift. So in effect you'll be wasting a weekend doing something because you will very soon be doing the same thing over again to get more lift.

And hockey pucks deteriorate, so even if you keep the 1" lift, you'll need to replace them every couple of years before they fall apart, so you will once again be committing to re-doing a bodylift on a Saturday every once in awhile to keep it up.

None of that bothered me though since I work on my Explorer all the time, and an extra afternoon every year or two didn't matter.... but what did, was that hockey pucks are made of rubber and every time it rained my Explorer squeaked and squealed like a banshee for the next week until they dried out, lol.

Save enough to forego your next tank of gas and just buy a real bodylift. You'll end up doing it soon anyway even if you put the hockey pucks on at first.

thanks for the help i could probably just afford a $100 lift

GJarret i was looking at your pictures earlier i was hoping to achive a look like your explorer can you tell me your mods

Like I said above, click on "Gerald's Truck" in my sig line below.... the first post list mods I've done, and the second post lists the history of my vehicle.

That is so stupid!!! Come on use commom sense.
Geez!

ok your cool jason. haha not, if your gonna be a jerk be it to someone else

Not directed to you, but to your question. ;)

hahaha you did the body lift process 3 times? Geesh I dread removing the 3" one thats on my 96 and I took forever to jsut replace the mounts on my BII (no lift) What a PITA Gerrald!

Its allright I often take the "long road" too...

dude screw the lift if you want to do it cheap, i mean just get out the sawzall and start choppin, you will clear 35s in no time, and it will be alot better/safer then the pucks

351wExplorer said:
dude screw the lift if you want to do it cheap, i mean just get out the sawzall and start choppin, you will clear 35s in no time, and it will be alot better/safer then the pucks

yeah and look ghetto too...although it is easier....hmm

its really easy, theres a kid with a ranger who hacked everything to fite 37s and its still isnt as tall as my truck... haha the kids an idiot

careful "trimming" is a good idea, hacking away 14" of fender is just plain stupid.
Sometiems the tires can be too big for the vehicle.

Back