• Register Today It's free!

Hockey puck lift

97splorer

Reaction score
City, State
Overland Park, Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 5.0 AWD
I have heard that you can get a 1" lioft out of hockey pucks...but they will eventually corrode and fall apart. Could the pucks possibly be coated with a weatherproof spray to avoid this? My (soon to be) father-in-law works for the NHL so hockey puck are a dime a dozzen for me. If this wouldn't work what other material could I use to get a one inch lift?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just get the BL, not worth the hassle

From what I have heard the hockey pucks will last for about a year. I dont know if a coating alone would be enough to keep them from falling apart on you. I would just go with the real 2" BL and not have to worry about.

Get a bunch of those pucks cheap, then sell them on eBay and buy a 2" body lift.

hockey pucks suck. 1 inch lift is cool though, and very cheap. Call 4wheelparts and ask for ten 1 inch replacement lift blocks for a minitruck. they are like 1 dollar each, and are identical to the 2 inch lift blocks in the kits, only they are one inch tall. You will have to move the bumpers yourself though. i did this lift because i dont have a welder, and there is enough frame to redrill the bumper brackets, and enough thread on the body bolts to reuse them also. I had to move the fan shrowd slightly also, but it was worth it to keep my Center of Gravity low for now and stop my tires from topping out on the body.;)

or, you could trim:p

Back