Homelink Visor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Homelink Visor

jgauthier

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer 2007
Hey All,

I've seen, and read, and ton of posts about adding homelink. I have a 2007 Eddie Bauer Edition Ford Explorer. I would like to add this to my visor. I found some modification step that I can most likely perform here:
http://www.raptorforumz.com/showthread.php?t=13814

Here's my concern. I feel my visor, and I don't feel any indents where the square area might be for the mount. I don't mind getting in there, but I don't want to do it for nothing. Does anyone know if this vehicle visor will have that area for mounting a homelike device?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That overhead console is great. I didn't realize they made those. I was looking at the 50-GENK40A Mirror, but it's $200. I do have a sunroof and rear heating, so that device would definitely work. I'm a little concerned about the color. Mine is "camel", I think. That looks pretty close.

I added a Homelink rear view mirror.

IMG_1005_zpsecead395.jpg

That overhead console is great. I didn't realize they made those. I was looking at the 50-GENK40A Mirror, but it's $200. I do have a sunroof and rear heating, so that device would definitely work. I'm a little concerned about the color. Mine is "camel", I think. That looks pretty close.

Yes, I believe it to be the camel color. I have the same interior.

Back