• Register Today It's free!

horsepower

tanbuddy

Reaction score
City, State
PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
How much power does the 4.0 make in a 2000 sport? I found 205, 207, and 210 HP ratings but i dont know which is right.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How much power does the 4.0 make in a 2000 sport? I found 205, 207, and 210 HP ratings but i dont know which is right.

They all sound about right, assuming you mean the SOHC. Does 5 ponies really make a difference? :rolleyes:

The 5 ponies isnt much, but the torque is 254 with the one engine, and 237 with the other. Thats a nice little jump right there:thumbsup:

I believe the SOHC made 210hp from the most recent stats I read, but like you, I really haven't found an exact number. Lucky me, I have 2000 Sport too, but with the OHV so I only have to worry about the measly 160hp. However, the low end torque is pretty nice though. Still think there should be a reason for each motor, not just sort've randomly thrown in (i.e. Sports get OHV, XLT's get SOHC or something)

Yea the sport runs good, i can beat my dads truck that has a vortec 350. For a ohc engine its got good low end torque too, Ive pulled over 4500 lbs with it no problems.

Back