How do I remove a BUSTED head light? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How do I remove a BUSTED head light?

Hi-

I had some of those HID looking bulbs in my explorer for about a year and now one of them literally shattered. The pieces are all inside the light gasket or whatever and water (or fog) is all over the inside of the lens (Stock lens not clear corners)

Any easy way of removing the lens to get the pieces out? I already installed the old stock light bulb but the blue pieces still show up in the lens and the water makes it look bad.

Thanks a lot

Grantp

If I remember those lights don't come out really easy. What we have done before is use my little vacuum I have to clean computers. It has a small neck and was able to get the stuff out we needed. You might use a shop vac and make a smaller adaptor of your own.

Thanks...
Yea theres tons of screws to get the light off so I cut a piece of garden hose off and attached it to our in-home vaccume and it sucked up all of the water... I still can't get a couple of the blue pieces out but the water was the most important.

Grant

Back