Smokey the clutch is; Missed shift you did
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 EB, '93 Limited
I was in an accident Sunday and busted up my fender and threw the passenger side door out of alignment. Now my door won't close properly. I think the hinges are sprung. Any idea on how to get the hinges off?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi:

In the Sticky section above these messages there is a sticky which details hinge replacement with pictures called "DeRocha's Door Hinge Pin Replacement w/pics" should answer all your questions.

PaMnd

That's hinge pin replacement, not the whole hinge replacement.

That's hinge pin replacement, not the whole hinge replacement.

Ok, so being a bit creative could you not use DeRocha's guide to help you replace the hinge? He does show pics and already disconnects the hinge from the door, you're half-way there. Just from that point, yo'll need to mark body outline and remove the hinge to body bolts. I would look closely to see if it is actually the hinge or is body itself sprung from accident. Are you putting new hinge on, or going to J-Y for parts? If using J-Y you could do some crude measurements to verify it is hinge and not body tweaked.
Also if I remember correctly the haynes manual gives good pictures.

You will need to take the side panel of teh inside. There are bolts from the Hinge side to the Pillar and one bolt from the inside of the truck Out to the Hinge.

There is one bolt on the hinge to body, but also some kind of rivet. I can't access it easily and it doesn't look like any kind of rivet I have seen before.

Accident011-1.jpg

Its not a rivet, its a bolt. You need to pull out the dash to get to the back side of it. That bolt is why most people get creative in replacing the pins.

Back