How do I send a google destination/route to SYNC? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How do I send a google destination/route to SYNC?

charliez

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT 4x4
The manual states that you can send a destination/route to SYNC.

How is this done? Does it require an Internet connection for SYNC?

Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You gotta do it from google maps, like from your PC.

Find the location you want to go to on google maps;

1. Then look left and hit the "Send" icon,

2. It'll prompt you to email, car, gps,...hit Car

3. Then selct vehicle make, Ford in this case and you enter you cell number that you setup with your SYNC account

4. Hit send and a message will appear that says successfully sent to car
Also here is a link to how to do it.

http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/features/?brand=flm#page=Feature300

Thanks I'll try that out!

Can someone tell me what is sent? Just the location of the destination or the route on Google map is also sent. If the route is also sent and the navigation will follow it, then the poor factory navigation will not be an issue. If only the location of the destination is sent, it is not that significant. What happens if the destination is not recognized by the factory GPS?

Thanks.

You should be recieving the address of the location you are trying to locate.

When it downloads to your Navigation tab, it'll ask you what route to take fastest, eco, or shortest. Its up to you on what you decide.

The map on the SD Card is pretty good unless it is a brand spanking new street, road, or highway. That was like built yesterday.

You can also edit your route when you are driving to your destination in case you want to take alternate route.

I went to Hot Springs in July all the way from Miami FL, the route that the SD Card gave me was better than the one Google had originally listed prior to me sending the address to the car.

On the way back I edited the route by taking what appeared to me to be a better choice of roads or time I wanted to spend driving. Again you need to play with it and figure it out.

If the SD Card map doesn't recognize the the destination it would be who of you enter another address closer to where you are going. I haven't had this issue thus far...

ALSO one important thing to remember!! DOUBLE CHECK and make sure that the address is what you entered in the google maps, factory NAV, sometimes due to human error you can go the wrong way for quite awhile if you don't check your destination while you are driving. FYI...

Back