How hard is it to DIY the brass servo bore replacement sleeve ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How hard is it to DIY the brass servo bore replacement sleeve ?

bcolins

Reaction score
City, State
Cedar Park (Austin) Tejas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLS 4.0 4x4
I was about to order the servo bore o-ring fix kit And a friend asked me why I don't just pull the transmission and either do the servo bore bras sleeve repla cement or take it to a tranny shop for them to do the sleeves.

I would be Doing this in my driveway.

Anyone done this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is not something you can do in a driveway. You need to be accurate in how you bush the bore, which needs to be done with the right tools with the transmission removed.

It is not something you can do in a driveway. You need to be accurate in how you bush the bore, which needs to be done with the right tools with the transmission removed.

Yes, I am aware the transmission needs to be removed. So my question is, "Has anyone removed the transmission and done the brass servo bore fix? If so, is there a special jig to hold the drill straight required. Is this a job that could be done with the truck in my driveway?

Brian

Back