5R55W Broke OD Servo Shaft

pikeviewflury

Reaction score
City, State
Apex, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
Hey,
I did the unthinkable and broke my OD servo on the bore shaft. Anyone know a way out of this hole I dug myself into? Tap, bore and extract techniques seem not to be viable because there is nothing holding the other end to allow the drill to work, it would just spin with the bit.
Sounds like a tow to my local trans shop is in order but wanted to see if anyone has successfully extracted on of these when the tranny is still in the vehicle.
Thanks!

Hey,
I did the unthinkable and broke my OD servo on the bore shaft. Anyone know a way out of this hole I dug myself into? Tap, bore and extract techniques seem not to be viable because there is nothing holding the other end to allow the drill to work, it would just spin with the bit.
Sounds like a tow to my local trans shop is in order but wanted to see if anyone has successfully extracted on of these when the tranny is still in the vehicle.
Thanks!

The "servo" is the whole ball of wax. Now, what exactly broke off? You can force the piston out of the servo bore using compressed air, if you know where the appropriate port is. This requires removal of the valve body to access the various ports. Doing that, if the part is broken as I picture it, the air pressure will spit the piston right out of it's bore. Don't get in it's way! Imp

Back