• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

how i built my roll pan

Axial32

Reaction score
City, State
Zeeland, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 2dr. V8 Sport
Wow... I never noticed the rear roll bumper.. I knew you had done the custom front bumper... Great Work, I'm going to school right now for auto collision repair, which I'll end up being a bodyman. You should totally find a 5.0 explorer/mounty wrecked or blown motor... We rebuilt mine and it runs like a champ. I love the more torque so much... I do have to say that I'm not liking my awd..

Again great job...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

vroomzoomboom

Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 supercharged 347 sport
i watched your v8 conversion thread from your first post.
well done, you made it look very easy (and we all know its not)! :thumbsup:
right now i have two different members here, in two different provinces keeping there eyes open for a wreaked or somewhat cheap v8 explorer for me. i also have seen other pictures of your truck, and i like the over all look. not to big or small of a lift, and not to big or small of a tire. very well balanced. also, the two tone color combo on it (the white and orange), IMO, you nailed it. very nice. i think you will do well in your coarse.

083.JPG

this also reminds me that i should post a picture of evil, and tara's truck hotness together (this was at carlisle all ford nationals from this summer), and this was also the truck that i copied (yes, copied to a certain extent). tara was amazed if i am not wrong on how well it looked just by going off a few pictures that she emailed me. she took a few pictures to show the shop that made hers. still not sure if she likes my pan/bumper better or not. :D

GRNMACHINE

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport 4x4
No kidding--when are the mass produced bumpers coming out??

How is the paint holding up on both of your Sport Moldings?

vroomzoomboom

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
hotness looks......well, hot! are you talking about the factory flares, and rockers? if so, they are no different then the plastic bumpers that are found on most newer cars today. as long as they dont get a hard, or direct shot to them, they will be fine (at worst you might see a little spidering, but once again, that's if it takes a hard direct hit).

Axial32

Reaction score
City, State
Zeeland, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 2dr. V8 Sport
Both of those explorers look GREAT... and thanks for all the complements about mine ... I actually will be forced to repaint my explorer ... it'll still be the two-tone orange and white ... but I'm planning on making it alittle bit brighter of an orange ... I have some huge trail rash marks on my passenger door and some more rocker rust to fix ...

BrianDye

I'll have another...
Reaction score
City, State
Monroe, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 XLT
That looks amazing man! I absolutely love it, amazing work on both the front and rear bumpers, along with your whole Expo!

vroomzoomboom

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
axial32, look into a color called sunburt orange 2 (its a GM color found on grand am's) we did my friends s10 that color. has some peal, and metallics in it. its a really nice color.
thanks brainDye

Axial32

Reaction score
City, State
Zeeland, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 2dr. V8 Sport
that's actually was the original color we started with, then my cousin did his additions to it. But idk what I will do exactly...
thanks, though

vroomzoomboom

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
just updating this thread if anyone has seen it. for those that may have a doubt on how strong this was, look these pictures.

long story short, backed into a overhead door frame. blew the back glass out, gate smashed to hell, but the pan as a dent 2 inches high, and around 4 inches wide and some of the filler has cracked. thats what stopped me dead. so yea, its pretty strong. and for those that said "shave the wiper arm", it will no longer be in the gate when its fixed.

MONMIX

I fix dents
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
Another cool idea would be to get rid of the glass popper and just urethane the glass in. Shave the wiper, squirter AND the popper.
Then mold in the tag lights.

If you have the time that is.

vroomzoomboom

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
i would, however, insurance is paying to fix it. the body shop got me a gate with no holes in it except the lock button. the only reason why i want it still is sometimes it locks, and sometimes it wont with the door locks, and vise versa. as for everything else, i will leave it the way it is. the guy that flamed it might do some art work on the gate as well. i left that call to him.

GRNMACHINE

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport 4x4
Cant wait to see it finished. Great job again on the roll pan, that is stout! Re: flames on the back, I think it would look great either way. Re: urethane the glass in, have had 2 SUV's where the back glass doesnt open. Drove me crazy. When my truck is in the garage, the tailgate open would hit the garage door open. The back glass being able to pop open makes it possible to put things in and out when having the tailgate closed.

AtlasRucker

Reaction score
City, State
Western New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer
clean look, might have to attempt this myself