How I replaced my power steering pump-many photos. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How I replaced my power steering pump-many photos.

Yea it looks like someone took some of the badges off a Sable or a Taurus. Those were for the optional 3.0 24V DOHC Duratec V6 found in the Taurus/Sable.
Yes, they came with latter models. I took two of those from junk yard and glued them them on my '96 Sable that didn't have them from factory.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank You..!!!!!

Dennis, I finished up today and it turned out great. My engine bay was such a mess from all the leaked fluid and now it is all clean and looks like a different ride.... Thanks again for a GREATwrite up:thumbsup:

Anybody know anything about the power steering pump puller on a 93 explorer? I removal tool I have isn't working. It's really irritating. I've been at it for about 5 hours.

Pulley removal tool..??????

If you have a pushrod motor, the tool set should be the same as the one I rented from O'reilly Auto Parts for my 91 explorer 4x4 xlt. In the write up Dennis says his came off and went back on easily, but mine was hard coming off and was not bad going back on. Can you post a picture of the tools you rented?

Got the pulley puller from Autozone. They work great but I did struggle some with getting mine off. It was the original pump and 20 years worth of use made it a little tougher.

Back