How many blend door actuators are there? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many blend door actuators are there?

Okay this is for the EATC version, driver's side (Left Hand). It doesn't look that much different than in the videos for manual climate control, looks to me like 1.5 hrs on your first try, 1 hr or less once you've done it a time or two. It does look like a different part # for the EATC blend door motor than for the manual version.

Frankly I would DIY this repair. See attached Workshop Manual Pages which also include the instructions for the center console and steering cover removal to do it.

The actuator itself is only ~$25 or so delivered.
Hi, JC.

What kind of manual is this? Is it specific to just the 1 model year (2003)? I have a 2010 and want to get the workshop manual, but the Haynes is for '02-'10, and the reviews say the interior pics are only as recent as the 2005 model.

Online I'm also seeing a PDF manual available from eManualOnline, but not sure if it's more specific to the 2010 model, or if it's even a reputable manual.

Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^ The manual which AFAIK came from Ford, only covers 3rd generation through 2005. I can't tell you what differences there are between that generation and your 2010.

Generally speaking the pictures in these types of manuals aren't very good for much more than locating things. Your best bet for visual info is probably going to be youtube videos. However, like anything else digital, Ford may have improved their workshop manual by 2010. IDK.

^ The manual which AFAIK came from Ford, only covers 3rd generation through 2005. I can't tell you what differences there are between that generation and your 2010.

Generally speaking the pictures in these types of manuals aren't very good for much more than locating things. Your best bet for visual info is probably going to be youtube videos. However, like anything else digital, Ford may have improved their workshop manual by 2010. IDK.
Thank you for the reply. I was hoping to just get a more model year specific manual in the event that I need to tear more things apart. Lol.

I just replaced my driver's side blend actuator, but I don't think it's working at all. It should operate when I change the temp, correct? I have the Eddie Bauer with automatic dual zone in the front, and an independent zone in the rear.

I've seen lots of negative reviews on aftermarket actuators, which is what mine is. So it could either be that, or I'm wondering if there's no power/electrical signal going from to the actuator. My next step is to try and OEM actuator and see if it works. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure how to tell if the signal is being transmitted through the wiring to the actuator.

I can switch to all the different zones where air can blow from, and that all works. The temp control on the driver's side is not responding. Passenger side is working fine.

^ I'd use a multimeter to see if it's getting power when you adjust the console settings.

^ I'd use a multimeter to see if it's getting power when you adjust the console settings.
Do I just touch it to the connections inside of the white clip?

^ Yes you can either unplug the connector to it (might be necessary if access to it is difficult) and multimeter probes on the connector contacts, or back-probe through the back of the connector while plugged into the actuator if access allows for it.

However it looks like an 8 pin connector and I don't have the pinout for it. It would help if you can find that or if not, identify the ground and keep one multimeter probe on that, then check each of the other pins one at a time when the climate control is adjusted from cold to hot or vice versa.

Back