How much power can i get out of a 4.0 SOHC | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How much power can i get out of a 4.0 SOHC

DevinG

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport SAS
I tried using search and i don't have the patience. I have a 2001 Explorer Sport 4.0 SOHC with the 5ROD. You guys are going to think I'm nuts but I'm looking for 500hp at the wheels. Im expecting to stroke it and I'm not sure which route of forced induction i want to go. So to any of those who have experience in this i am looking for advice. My budget is around 6k i can do all my own engine work and i can get parts for cost so i am not took worried about budget as much as reliability and if it can actually be done. If it is too far fetched i will probably end up swapping in an lq4 and going that route. Thanks.

Attachments

• image22.jpeg
    image22.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 166

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And can anyone explain why my pictures are always sideways

Available 2005-2010

Please note the published availability of the kit. This was recently added to the listing.
4.3LStroker.jpg

During the past year or more I have not been able to find any documented instance on the internet of someone purchasing and installing the kit. I would have thought that at least one Mustang owner would have posted about installing one of these kits.

Back