How to find original code for keyless entry pad | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to find original code for keyless entry pad

resq302

Reaction score
City, State
Boonton, NJ (Morris County, NJ - 45 mins West of New York City)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 explorer eddie bauer
My wife and I just purchased a used 2005 Ford Explorer Limited vehicle tonight. The car has the keyless entry pad on it however, the dealership did not have the card that has the factory code for the keyless entry pad. Where would we be able to get that? Is there anyway to erase it and then put a new on in?

Thanks,

Brian

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Trust me on this one...

I'm in CA, I have nothing to gain by telling you this... Along with the key issue in the other post, you are possibly being set up to have your vehicle stolen by someone... don't know who, but they have everything they need to take your EX. Please trust me on this.

Two part post...

He's missing the key and the original code card... if it gets reset, whoever has the card can open the doors. IMO, set up for gta

Wow.

I really don't recommend driving your Explorer anywhere until you reprogram the whole kit and caboodle.

I'm with DIB ^^

I really don't recommend driving your Explorer anywhere until you reprogram the whole kit and caboodle.

100% behind you DIB! :troops:

If he did'nt have the key then how did he get the vehicle home? I think all he is missing the card and they all get lost over time.

You can have the Ford dealer reprogram the keyless entry but the requires mucho $$$$ and frankly I have yet to hear of anyone that has had there vehicle stolen yet due to someone else having the properly programmed key AND the keyless code.

Just follow Brooklyn's post and call it a day.

One of two postings...

If he did'nt have the key then how did he get the vehicle home? I think all he is missing the card and they all get lost over time.

You can have the Ford dealer reprogram the keyless entry but the requires mucho $$$$ and frankly I have yet to hear of anyone that has had there vehicle stolen yet due to someone else having the properly programmed key AND the keyless code.

Just follow Brooklyn's post and call it a day.

He has one key, the other is "missing", the code card is "missing" I have 14 years behind me that say he would be wise in listening to was is being said. Lock up the car and disable the remote start now. And the poster is being advised that there appears to be a problem here, it would be nice to not have that dismissed... This is an issue of safety.

I bought my 02 explorer a few days ago. I had the dealer make a new key, clear and reset the door number code. I also just installed a remote start system/alarm as well. I'd take it back to the dealer and tell them you need the code or have them reflash it.

I ended up just having a second key made at a dealership. I located the keyless entry module behind the post just to the rear of the pass. side rear door. The code is in 1/4 bold numbers on the module.:thumbsup:

Some explorers have a sticker with the code when you open the passangers computer cover that is by the passengers right foot. There is a computer there and it's supposed to be taped on. Mine didn't have that so dealership read the computer for me and printed the code out on the invoice. There is one code that never changes which they will give you, and then you can program more codes yourself. Pretty neat feature when you're our in the boonies and lock your keys in while the car is running. :rolleyes:

Back