How to: Program a replacement PATS key Ford Key Programming | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: Program a replacement PATS key Ford Key Programming

Click the link in my first post it's a step by step
Even has very helpful pictures

I would use it as a last resort be for going to ford they wanted like $150 for the key and programming
Ridicules

I just bypassed mine
But I live in a very rural area so I am not worried

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Right, I've read that thread and used Forscan previously based on those instructions. Aside from that one sentence at the beginning everything is based on having two keys available to program.

If you have two keys you’d have no need for ForScan.

I'm not referring to two existing keys in the system, just two valid PATS keys that can be used. To my knowledge, even with forscan you can't clear everything out and program in a single new key.

Right, I've read that thread and used Forscan previously based on those instructions. Aside from that one sentence at the beginning everything is based on having two keys available to program.

I'm probably wrong but you need a new key and
The old key ...the only one you have ...

Delete all keys and then you have to
Program at least two keys

Then easily program more

So you are correct you need at least two
In the end

The reason for this process in the person only has one key

If we're on the same page on that, what were you trying to say in post 37?

If we're on the same page on that, what were you trying to say in post 37?

I was trying to say if you only have one key this is a way to have two keys in the end
If you have two keys then why not use the regular method
I think we are on the same page we are just looking at it in different ways lol

By the way forscan now gives you a free extended licence no more jumping through loops to get it now just sign up to their forum
Very nice

Fair enough. I just meant that two total keys were required. Could be one existing plus a new one, or two new ones. Whatever form it takes, two that are cut to fit and are compatible with the PATS equipment on the vehicle .

Back